We have asked all the candidates for the Welwyn Hatfield constituency in the upcoming general election the following cycling-related questions – we will post their responses (if any!) to help you decide how to vote…
1. What experience do you and your family have of cycling? Do you have different concerns with younger or older family members cycling, than you would for yourself?
2. What challenges do people face in Welwyn Hatfield that prevent them from cycling, especially children and those using cycling as a mobility aid, and how will you address them?
3. Which junctions need to be improved to increase safety for people cycling, and what can be done to fix them?
4. Do you support the completion of the Hatfield Station to Business Park cycle route and if yes, how will you ensure the missing section from The Commons to French Horn Lane is rapidly constructed?
5. With road changes planned for Welwyn Garden City, how will you ensure that cycle access is improved into the Town Centre ?