- This event has passed.
May 2018 meeting
9th May 2018 @ 7:15 pm - 9:00 pm
Monthly meeting to plan rides and events, and coordinate campaigning for better cycling facilities in Welwyn-Hatfield.
Attendees: Adam, Roger, Chris, Ian, David
- Station recruitment day: 4th June?
AGREEDto try for 4 June [NB post-meeting: DD has clash], 6pm – 8pm to capture majority of cyclists (although later cyclists may not be easily able to attend WHC meetings).
April Scott’s Grotto ride well-attended and enjoyed.
26 May ride changed to Shaw’s Corner (Redbourn is a long ride, and County Show is expensive – unlikely to attract many cyclists) [NB post-meeting: DD confirms availability].
16 June – Healthfest new date [post-meeting: event updated on web]
24 June ride – Chris & St Alban’s Green Ring
- GDPR policy – work in progress attached. More to do on it…
Adam’s draft circulated for comments by email.
Request from WHBC to help with “World Culture Day” considered. Nobody available due to prior commitments therefore David to decline.
Chris to check bookings for meeting rooms
April meeting notes:
1 Apologies – David
2 Leafleting at stations:
- Agreed we should repeat this in late May or early June unless HCC organise events around the WGC bus station opening and parking at Hatfield which we can attend. Suggest trying 18:00-20:00 this time Action Adam – [Addressed in meeting.]
- New cycle route maps: Could these be turned into posters for each station given HCC have the art work? Action Adam to ask HCC contact. [Reply is “No”.]
- Use of cycle parking: Any statistics? Action Adam to ask HCC contact. [Asked; awaiting reply]
3 Mill Green Housing: Corrections to wording and order of points agreed. Action Adam to submit to WHBC. [Done]
4 Concern expressed about slow communication from HCC. Chris to chase outstanding issues. Action Chris. [ongoing]
5 A414 cycle path: Groundworks are having a new building and there may be cycle routes through the site. Action Chris to find out more. [ongoing]
6 Woods Ave: Work has commenced at Chantry Lane working downhill. Dropped kerbs to allow access from side roads opposite the path are not being added. The next chance to get this is when the post construction safety audit is carried out. It may be possible for us to attend this. Action Chris to find out more. [ongoing]
7 Hatfield 2030+ plans: Adam talked through the document he had been reading and will draft a response to go to WHBC. Action Adam. [done; seems to have resulted in good progress pushing cycle concerns up the agenda] Good to see many of the things we have asked for in the plans plus some interesting extras like the need for an A1(M) cycling and walking bridge between the university campuses, opening up the A1(M) junction 3 roundabout to a walking and cycling route and a cycle route along St Albans Road east.
8 Minutes of previous meeting:
- Tube maps to real maps: David is working on this. [ongoing]
- Cyclescape WHBC boundary: Chris still to do this. Action Chris. [ongoing]
- Data reuse and protection: Updating newsletter and website to reflect this. Still to do. Action Adam. [addressed in meeting]
- Links between CycleHerts and WHC website: David action, not known if done. Action David. [done]