Welwyn Hatfield Cycling Forum
Working with Welwyn Hatfield Council to improve and promote cycling in the district
We are an independent group working with Welwyn Hatfield Council to improve and encourage cycling throughout the district.
Members of the WHCF
Potters Bar Family Cycle Ride, April 2011
- Promoting cycling in Welwyn Hatfield in all its forms
- Assist in developing a quality cycle network in Welwyn Hatfield
- Fostering a cyclist aware road safety culture in Welwyn Hatfield
- Contributing to the health of our community
- Raising awareness of the contribution cycling can make to improving the environment of Welwyn Hatfield, in particular reducing air pollution and traffic congestion
- Improving access to cycling equipment through recycling of equipment and supporting training in cycle maintenance
- Supporting skills training in cycling
- Coordinating activities with the Hertfordshire County Cycle Forum and other local cycling groups
Future meetings of the WHCF
Monthly meetings of the WHCF are held at 7:15 pm, (usually, but not always) on the 2nd Wednesday of every month. Due to
circumstances beyond our control the Nov and Dec meetings will have to be held at another venue as yet unknown. Please check here
nearer the time.
Meetings are open, either just turn up or Contact us.
The next meetings are:
- 13 November 2013
- 11 December 2013
Minutes from previous meetings of the WHCF
View minutes of previous meetings
(as a PDF file).
View latest and previous newsletters
(as a PDF file).
Next Second Saturday Social Ride
Saturday December 14th
We investigate the proposed Green Ring around St Albans. More details here
Keep checking the Events
page for upcoming events.
Alban Way update
The Alban Way has now been fully resurfaced from Smallford into St Albans apart from a few meters east of Morrisons car park.
for more details.
Suggest a ride!
If you have an idea of where you would like to ride to, or if you would like to organise a ride (with our help),
let us know