Welwyn Hatfield Cycling
People On Bikes
We are an independent group working with Welwyn Hatfield Council to improve and encourage cycling throughout the district.
Members of the WHCF
Potters Bar Family Cycle Ride, April 2011
- Promoting cycling in Welwyn Hatfield in all its forms
- Assist in developing a quality cycle network in Welwyn Hatfield
- Fostering a cyclist aware road safety culture in Welwyn Hatfield
- Contributing to the health of our community
- Raising awareness of the contribution cycling can make to improving the environment of Welwyn Hatfield, in particular reducing air pollution and traffic congestion
- Improving access to cycling equipment through recycling of equipment and supporting training in cycle maintenance
- Supporting skills training in cycling
- Coordinating activities with the Hertfordshire County Cycle Forum and other local cycling groups
Future meetings of the WHCF
Monthly meetings of the WHCF are held at 7:15 pm, (usually, but not always) on the 2nd Wednesday of every month.
Meetings are open, either just turn up or Contact us.
Important please see here for how to get in.
The next meetings are:
Minutes from previous meetings of the WHCF
View minutes of previous meetings
(as a PDF file).
View latest and previous newsletters
(as a PDF file).
News and Events
Kids Bike Ride to Hatfield House! This Saturday (6th December).
See the Events
Second Saturday Social Ride
For our next Second Saturday Social ride
on 13th December we go to St Albans via dedicated cycle routes and quiet roads.
Keep checking the Events
page for upcoming events.
Suggest a ride!
If you have an idea of where you would like to ride to, or if you would like to organise a ride (with our help),
let us know
Go ride your bike.
Want to go for a bike ride with the kids but don't know where to go?
Have a look at our suggestions